Pasta is something not cooked very often in my kitchen but I can say this is my favourite way of eating it. Tender pieces of chicken cooked in creamy, rich rose sauce served on pretty bow-tie pasta. My kids call it butter chicken pasta :)
Here is how the recipe goes.
Farfalle 1 pack 450 gms
Chicken 2 breasts sliced
Onion 2 tbsp chopped
Garlic 2 cloves minced
Tomato 1 can crushed and strained
Olive Oil 3+3 tbsp
Cream 1.5 cups
Cream Cheese 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Sugar 1 tbsp
Black pepper 1/2 tsp
Crushed chili pepper 2 pinches
Oregano 1 pinch
Thyme 1 pinch
- Heat 3 tbsp of olive oil in a sauce pan. Add onion and fry till translucent.
- Add minced garlic and crushed red chili flakes and fry another minute.
- Pour in the can of crushed tomatoes, thyme and oregano. Lower the heat once it comes to a boil. Cook for 30-40 minutes till thick.
- Add salt, pepper and sugar and taste at this stage.
- In another frying pan add remaining 3 tbsp of olive oil and add chicken. Sprinkle a dash of salt and fry till chicken is cooked through. Add the cream and cream cheese to the chicken. Once it comes to boil, lower the heat and pour a cup and half of tomato sauce. Bring it to a boil until a bit thick. Consistency should be of hot custard.
- Boil farfalle according to the package instructions. Drain and put in the chicken pan. Mix well and serve hot.
For a more fine version of the sauce, Strain the tomato sauce before adding to the chicken.