Chicken with cashews is a very healthy dish since it has protein, vegetables and nuts.
Boneless chicken 3 cups cut in thin strips
Red pepper 1/2 cup slices or squares
Mushrooms 1/2 cup slices or squares
Carrots 1/2 cup slices or squares
Green pepper 1/2 cup slices or squares
Oyster Sauce 2 tbsp
Soy sauce 1 tsp
Corn flour 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Black pepper 1/4 tsp
Cashews 20-25 pcs (Roasted or fried, your choice)
Oil 3 tbsp
- Dissolve Corn flour, oyster sauce and soy sauce in half a cup of water and keep aside.
- Heat a wok on high till smoking. Add the oil and quickly swirl around to coat it with oil all over and immediately add chicken.
- Stir fry chicken for 3-4 four minutes and add vegetables. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle salt and pepper and mix well.
- Pour in half a cup of water/stock and let come to a boil.
- Add the corn flour mixture, mixing continuously to avoid lumps and bring to a boil. Cook for another 2-4 minutes. Take off the heat and add cashews. Serve immediately with steamed or fried rice.
Salt content varies in different brands of oyster and soy sauce so keep in mind before you add salt to the dish.