It is a popular snack specially in winters. They say fish keeps you warm. It is not very spicy so kids enjoy it as well.
Here is how you can make it.
IngredientsFish 1 lbs boneless fillets
Chickpea flour 1 1/2 cups
Salt 1 1/4 tsp
Crushed red chili 3/4 tsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Coriander seeds 1 tsp
Dry fenugreek leaves 1/2 tsp
Baking soda 1 pinch
Garam Masala 1/4 tsp
Carom seeds 1/8 tsp
Water as required
Oil for frying
- Cut fish fillets in 1 inch cubes. I used basa but you can use any white flesh fish easily available.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of salt on the fillets and let sit for 10 mins.
- Dry roast cumin and coriander seeds and crush them just till they crack.
- Add chickpea flour and all the spices including baking soda in a bowl and add enough water to make a paste. It should be pour-able but not watery. At this stage you can taste for salt and spices.
- Add fish pieces and coat them well with chickpea mixture.
- Heat the oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add fish pieces one by one making sure they are coated from all sides.
- Cook till you can see it browning from the edges, flip the over and cook the other side.
- Take them out on paper towel and serve hot with hot cup of tea.