Eggs 2 at room temp
Butter 3/4 cup at room temp
Bananas 2 mashed
All purpose flour 1 cup
Whole wheat flour 1 cup
Brown Sugar 1 cup
Vanilla Essence 1 tsp
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
Baking powder 1 tsp
Baking soda 1 tsp
Salt 1 pinch
- Preheat the oven at 325 C.
- Cream Butter and sugar till pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one by one and beat well.
- Add mashed bananas and mix.
- In a separate bowl sift flours, cardamom, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to the butter/egg mixture. Mix until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Pour in a baking pan and bake for almost 60-70 mins.
- Test by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the bread. It should come out clean.
Add a cup of chopped nuts like almonds or walnuts after incorporating flour for a crunchy and rich taste.