Who does not get bananas going bad. For me, last few bananas always needs to be saved from the trash can. So banana bread is the most favourite way of doing it as it is gobbled down within a day. Its dense and soft interior with slightly crunchy crust is equally loved by adults and children. A perfect accompaniment for a hot cup of coffee or tea and if you omit nuts, its a perfect snack for lunch bags. I have made it in many ways with or without nuts, chocolate chips, raisins, blueberries, raspberries, cranberries and it is always delicious.
All purpose flour 1 Cup
Whole Wheat flour 2/3 cups
Sugar 1/2 cup
Salt 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
Butter 1/2 cup
Yogurt 2 tbsp
Walnuts 1/2 cup
Baking soda 1 tsp
Nutmeg 1/4 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 350.
- Sift all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together.
- Cream butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Add the yogurt and mashed bananas and mix well.
- Incorporate the flour without over mixing.
- Mix in the walnuts. and pour into a buttered and lined loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven from 50-60 minutes.
- Let rest in the pan for 10 minutes before taking it out. Keep on the cooling rack for another 30-40 minutes before slicing.