Long squash is one of the cooling vegetables. y mother used to make this raita very often during the hot summer days. Its easy to make and is a perfect accompaniment to pulaos or any meat dishes.
Long squash 1 peeled and grated
Yogurt 2-3 cups
Salt 1 tsp
Black pepper 1/4 tsp
Onion 1/4 finely chopped
Tomato 1 finely chopped
Sugar 1 tbsp
- Put grated squash in a pot with half a cup of water and cook for 10-15 mins until most of the water is evaporated and squash is tender.
- Drain and keep aside till it cools down.
- Whisk the yogurt with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Chop onion and tomato finely and add to the yogurt.
- Add drained squash and mix. Serve chilled.
I used smoked paprika for the top.